Monday, September 15, 2008

Safe and Sound!!!

Hurricane Ike has passed and we are safe! We just had minor damage to our house, but nothing that Nate has not been able to fix himself. We are very lucky! Hudson and I evacuated with my mom on Thursday to my aunts house in Crockett(which is 3 hours northeast of us). Nate joined us early Friday. Hurricane Ike made landfall early Saturday and actually did some damage in Crockett where we were staying. We lost power in Crockett and at our house in League City. Nate went back home on Sunday and he got power back on in our house on Sunday night! We are the lucky ones, most people are still waiting for power. Hurricane Ike did leave its mark though, we have friends that have had extensive damage to their home and the city of Galveston is completely devastated. I know that the national media has not had a lot of coverage on it, so if you would like to see pictures and know more you can go to http://www.abc13.com/ this is our local T.V. station. Thanks to all that called and thought of us! We will try to post pictures of our fun weekend in Crockett soon!

2 comments:

beckyboo said...

I'm so glad that you are safe. I've been checking your blog often to see if you were. My brothers, Josh and Jacob, and their wives live down there too and have weathered fairly well considering. I have some friends there that had some damage to their homes, but have found other places to stay already. How did the school's fair? Jacob's wife works for CCISD and they are allowed to go check their rooms out at the end of the week. Let me know if there is anything more we can do besides pray for everyone.

Anonymous said...

good to hear you guys were not affected too bad. we are looking forward to seeing you soon!

jenni