Friday, April 27, 2007

Lifesaver!


Funny Story...

When I was pregnant, Nate and I went to Babies R Us to register for baby items. One thing that my mom told me to register for was a baby swing. She told me it would be a lifesaver. Well...I talked to a few people and the store clerk(a teenage girl) and everyone said not to get a swing, but to get a bouncer. So I ignored my moms advice(a lady who has had 3 kids) and took the advice of the teenage store clerk and did not get a swing. After a couple of nights of listening to Hudson's nighttime fussiness(actually they were screams) and walking around the whole house for hours bouncing and rocking him, Nate and I decided to go and get a swing. So, one night when Hudson was extremely fussy--Nate, Emily, Ben and I loaded up our trailblazer and went to Babies R Us to get a swing. We all were so flustered by Hudson's screams that we all forgot about Emily and Ben's rent car that was parked behind our trailblazer. So as we were backing out of the driveway Nate took out the rent car! We did get to Babies R Us that night and found a swing. Hudson loves his swing and his nighttime fussiness is not as long and not as bad anymore!

So, the moral of the story--Mom does know best! Everything could have been avoided if I had just listened to my mom--when will I learn!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I should register for a swing??

Heather

Anonymous said...

oh my god

makenzie