Thursday, October 8, 2009

Elaina has arrived!

I know it has been a while since our last post, but life with a toddler keeps you busy! After a long HOT summer Nate and I are happy to have Elaina here. We are now a family of four, so I am sure it will be even harder to blog! Hudson is a great big brother and does not like it when his little sister cries.
Elaina was born on Thursday, October 1st. She was 7lbs and 9oz, but has lost a pound already. Hudson was unable to visit her in the hospital because he started running a fever on Friday morning. One of the kids at his sitter got the flu the day before, so we think that is what he got as well. If it had not been for my parents I may have been at the hospital by myself. They kept Hudson from Wednesday night to till Tuesday afternoon. I was so happy to have Hudson back. We have not yet gotten a picture of Hudson with his sister--hopefully we will get one really soon. Here are some pictures of Elaina though. She is beautiful and such a great baby! We already love her so much!

Sweet Elaina Catharine Holtvluwer


Auntie Em and Uncle Ben

Uncle Woody and Ashley

Aunt Ashley

Nana and Pappy


1st family picture

She is not happy

Here are some pictures of the big brother!
Hudson is such a cool dude!
He loves his daddy's glasses.

Painting this summer.
What a sweet little boy!

1 comment:

A. Holtvlüwer said...

Congratulations to you with the birth of a beautiful daughter!

( I'm the one who is corresponding with your father (in law) Jack )

Jack only told me about his shoulder that hurts, but nothing about a newborn grandchild! Is that shoulder so bad!
I will ask him about it.

Enjoy those days!,

Regards,
your 5th cousin from The Netherlands,
Betrick Holtvlüwer.